PART-TIME CHILDREN’S AND YOUNG FAMILIES’ WORKER
Church of the Martyrs is a lively Anglican church set in the uniquely diverse community of West Leicester. We are seeking to appoint a part-time children’s and young families’ worker, serving our increasingly diverse church family of children and adults.
We have an exciting vision for growing our mission amongst primary-aged children, pre-school children and young families, encompassing two main aims:
- to deepen Christian discipleship both amongst existing children and new children who are coming in to our children’s and young families’ activities;
- to deepen belonging of whole families to the extended church family of the Martyrs, particularly where cultural barriers present a challenge to true integration.
We are looking for someone with:
- a passion for seeing children grow as disciples of Jesus;
- sound knowledge of the Bible, understanding of faith development in children and ability to prepare and present age-appropriate teaching material;
- an ability to relate easily to children and families of different cultures or different social backgrounds and awareness of the complex issues that can affect family life;
- experience of working well as part of a team in church-based children’s work;
- Awareness of good safeguarding practice.
The position will be for 21 hours per week, worked flexibly through the week (including Sunday mornings)
The successful applicant will be supported by a core team of lay people committed to this new work, alongside our existing volunteer children’s and young peoples’ leaders and helpers.
Salary: (based upon 21 hours a week) in the range of £10,800-£14,400 depending upon experience and qualifications.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 7th November 2018
Interview date: Friday 16th November 2018
- There is a genuine occupational requirement that the post holder is a Christian.
- An Enhanced DBS clearance is required for this post.
- An appointment is conditional on entitlement to work in the UK
- We encourage applications from black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) candidates, who are currently under-represented on the PCC of the Church of the Martyrs.
(church office open Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 10am-4pm).
Last Updated: 12 October 2018