PRAYER FOR HEALING
At The Church of the Martyrs we believe that:
- Healing is a feature of faith today and is not confined to historical occurrences.
- Healing is biblically based and demonstrated in the Old and New Testaments.
- Healing should be an integral part of church life and not an occasional “add on”.
- We need to pray in faith and in accord with God’s will and not tell God what we think He should do.
- We need to genuinely surrender those we love to God and place all things in His hands.
- Prayer can change situations and God can do and does do far more than we expect.
- Healing does not automatically lead to spiritual growth.
- All sorts of people can be used as instruments by God.
- Healing is to glorify God and not humans.
- We should always encourage people to seek medical help, take their prescribed medication etc.
- Issues that people bring forward are confidential
Prayer for healing should be a natural part of any church and many people pray for each other as a natural act of their faith. We offer Prayer for Healing as part of a service of Holy Communion on the second Sunday of each month at 10:30am.
Last Updated: 20 November 2015